Friday, August 3, 2007

Finish-itis

I had a case of "start-itis" last month, now I am getting a case of "finish-itis" this month. I started this baby blanket about (yes I'm ashamed to say it) 7 years ago, and you see how far I got with it. Obviously, the recipient got something else as a gift! The pattern was from a Leisure Arts magazine called "Crochet with Heart" that ended up being discontinued. I think I still have almost every issue they made! (Yes, I have just a small case of "pack-rat-ism" too). I even think I still have some of the yarn somewhere! I am really wanting to try to finish up some of my UFO projects this month!
I only have to do about 5 more rows to finish this other baby blanket that I started last year:

It is a pattern from a leaflet by Terry Kimbrough called: Heirloom Afghans for Baby, shown
on the cover of the book and named "Exquisite".

One thing I HAVE managed to start AND finish recently: Another fish for the kitchen potholder animal farm, using the "cool breeze ombre" colorway by Sugar n Cream. I will probably be giving *some* of these away for gifts. Although the "selfish" part of me wants to keep them ALL! ........................................ Mwahahahahaha!

2 comments:

Cristina Salgueiro said...

that color of the fishpotholder is so pretty. Just keep it! you're like me, to give it away, when i start i must say that it is to give, or else it wiil never live home ;)

Kellycat said...

I always give everything away also. Where are my gifts? No one else makes anything for me around here. I also didn't even get thanked by some family members for scarves last year. I say KEEP IT!

Love that lacey blanket. I'm glad to see it on someone's blog because I do have that pattern. It would make a good closet stash present.