Thursday, August 21, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking to them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged bloggers blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
Six unspectacular quirks of mine:
1. I like organization!
2. I like to hear from my (grown) kids once a day (I have been known to become obsessive about it, just ask my daughter!)
3. I love fantasy movies and reading (A LOT).
4. I hate Spiders & Snakes (A LOT)!
5. I like driving my cars till the wheels fall off (seriously! My current vehicle, a 1994 Toyota Camry, has 330,000 miles on the only engine it has ever had! I'm hoping to reach at least 400,000!)
6. I like garage sale shopping!
I am going to tag:
1. Fiona, at Inkberryblue
2. Oiyi of Oiyi's Crafts
3. Christy at My best Friend calls me Martha
4. Christina at Little Wilds
5. Karen at Karen's Knitting and Crochet Parlor
6. Susan at Zenknit
Sunday, August 10, 2008
The sink shown above has been in my kitchen for exactly 40 years! (Note the "retro" harvest gold color!) How do I know it has been here for 40 years? My SIL's father built the house himself, plus, on the bottom of the sink last night when DH took it out to replace it, he saw a date of 02/68 on the bottom. I found the sink in the photo below at a Garage sale yesterday, faucet and all, for $20.00. DH (being the absolutely fabulous handy-man that he is), put it in for me last night. The lady at the sale told us the sink was about a year old, and that she just wanted a different one.
The bench above was purchased a couple of weekend's ago for $20.00. It has storage under the seat, and it is my plan to paint the bench, make a seat cushion and some pillows, then place it in our mud room. The T.V. is a purchase we happened upon yesterday for my SIL. SIL's t.v. had gone out on her, and we purchased it for a mere $10.00. It has a great picture and works just fine!
Friday, August 8, 2008
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Still not any crafting going on around here lately. The heat in Texas this year has been intense, and doesn't make me want to pick up yarn, but I'm beginning to WANT to pick up yarn, and that is a step in the right direction! I still need to finish up the "mystery baby project" and the fat bottom purse I started at the end of June.