Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lazy Summer Days

Since Granddaddy's (my FIL's) death on July 5, I haven't done anything in the way of needlework. My new job, combined with his recent death, has taken most of my focus this month. The high temps here in DFW this summer haven't helped me want to do much, either. I have been reading ALOT, instead.

For some reason, James Patterson has been an author that I have always avoided reading in the past (don't ask me why, I can't explain it!) However, when I finally picked up the 4th, 5th and 6th books in the Women's Murder Club series at a garage sale one day, I decided to read him, and SURPRISE! I actually like them. I also picked up one called "Big Bad Wolf" and "Four Blind Mice" in the Alex Cross Series that I finally read and liked, also a stand alone called "Lifeguard". I finally broke down and went to Half Price Books yesterday and got the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd books of the Women's Murder Club to read, and I have put the 7th book on hold at my local library. I am a major bookworm and read voraciously, so most of the time, I don't like to spend a lot of money on books unless it is at a garage sale, because we would be talking MAJOR bucks if I did. I have library cards to most of the smaller cities around FW, and also three in other cities across the state. I don't EVER want to be unable to read, where-ever I may go! :)




I am including what I think is a funny photo of the twins that DD sent me yesterday. She had just fed them and they are "passed out".


I was looking around on Ravelry awhile ago, and saw a knitted dishcloth pattern I would like to try. It is called Lizard Ridge and is a dishcloth version of the Lizard Ridge afghan pattern found on http://www.knitty.com/issuefall06/PATTlizardridge.html.


Finally, a photo of the festive gifts I will be mailing to DD to celebrate her birthday later this month.

2 comments:

Cristina Salgueiro said...

Those babies are so cute, and peaceful slepping. And i went to ravelry to see that discloth, and boy it is gorgeuos. Thank you for the idea :)

Oiyi said...

That is an adorable pic of the babies.