Saturday, January 17, 2009
This is the Newsboy cap I mentioned in my last post, finally finished and modeled here by my gs, X. It is a free pattern that I made for my dd, but she isn't here to model it, so X was kind enough to humor his Grandmother. My hat doesn't seem to sit on the head like others of the same pattern that I have seen on Ravelry, so I don't know if I did something wrong, or what. I used a smaller hook than called for (G), but otherwise made the pattern exactly as written. To me this looks more like a Train Engineer's cap (at least on him)! :) I am hoping when dd receives it, it will look more like it is supposed to when she tries it on. (Hopefully, she will send me a photo). I think I just had it set on his head wrong. I also feel like the brim is too wide from side to side. I think if I make another, I will try a smaller brim. Overall, I liked the pattern, and if I had time to sit down very long to work on anything, think it could be made in a day. I used one skein of Red Heart "Lipstick" yarn from my stash. I want to go ahead and make the band that goes across the front also, I think that might help it look more like a newsboy cap, too.