Saturday, March 20, 2010
Finished today, another Gehaekelte Topflappen by Creadoo. It is written in German and I translated it a few months ago with a lot of help from many different sources! I am still not sure it is the EXACT pattern, but I even got a translation from someone who reads German, and my translation below which is basically:
"Ch 6, join to make a circle, then Row 1: ch 3, 11 dc into the ring (12), Row 2: ch 3, 1dc in same space, 2 dc in each dc around (24). Row 3: ch 3, 1dc in same space, 2dc in ea dc around, (48). Row 4: ch4, 1dc in same space, *sk 2 dc, 1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc in next sp*, follow from * to * around. Row 5:ch 3, 1 dc, ch 1, 2 dc in same space, *sk 2 dc, 2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc in same space*, follow from * to * around. Row 6: same as row 5. Row 7: ch 3, 2 dc, ch 1, three dc in each ch 1 sp around Row 8: same as row 7. Row 8: dc 8 in each ch 1 sp around. Row 9: sc through both sides in each stitch across top of flower, sc, ch 1, sc, ch1 all the way down then back up and continue this around each petal. "
was pretty accurate from what I can see. However, I have seen several other different "modified" translations lately that I think I like better. This time I used a magic ring instead of the ch 6, join. This one is a little larger than I like to use, even though I used an F hook to make it this time. I will most likely make more, but I really like the look of the ones that Kudepihha made and the ones made for the potholder 2010 swap, by bluej (both in Ravelry).