Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rainy Day Blues

It's 3:51 a.m. and I can't sleep. A late-night thunderstorm is rolling through right now, and it is raining cats and dogs out there. My Wienerdor-Retriever is afraid of thunder, so she is softly whining in the background. I am having some problems at work and am very bothered by some things going on. To try to take my mind off of my troubles, I have been browsing around on Ravelry but am not finding much to inspire me right now. I found a pattern for a purse that I would like to try sometime on Lionbrand.com. Whether I will ever make it or not is the real question. I haven't picked up a crochet hook or knitting needle for about 5 months, now. I have also been getting (sort of) interested in sewing again, but haven't done anything with that interest yet, either. All I seem to do anymore is clean house and work. Tomorrow, there is supposed to be an air show at the neighboring Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base located about a half mile from our house. DH has worked to get our boat in running order this week, so we can go out on the Lake tomorrow and enjoy the show from there. Unfortunately, I think I might also have lost my digital camera somewhere. It has been a challenge keeping up with some of my things, since I now have a VERY inquisitive 8 year old boy living at my house!! He is always making paper airplanes and exploring his environment! Last night, in an effort to try to cheer me up, he crafted me a paper purse! He is a very sweet and special person! This is one of DS's dogs, Sonny, who is currently greatly enjoying a snooze on the couch!

1 comment:

Michigan Spinning said...

What a chuckle I got over the dog photo, a little lighter in color and it could be a photo of my baby Isabella! She sleeps the exact same way. What a good life our dogs must have to feel so secure:)