Sunday, June 24, 2007

Memories....

Found this pile of "vintage"(heh, heh) magazines that I had saved all these years, most are from from the early 1980's. My MIL taught me to crochet when I was 15 (in 1974) and first started dating DH in high school. (Yes, its true! Can you believe I have actually been stuck with known him for 32 years!? Most of my life!) I would just learn whatever stitch she taught me, and then make whatever afghan she was working on at the time. I don't remember teaching myself to read crochet patterns until I was an old married gal of 2o or 21 or thereabouts. So I don't think I probably have many magazines any older than the early 80's in my crochet pattern stash. It is fun looking back through and seeing patterns that are becoming popular again, like the granny and ripple afghans.
Yes, my photo is awful with the glare, but I thought maybe you could still see the afghan, anyway.


I have been working on a granny ripple lately. Here is an updated pic of SOMEBODY who likes my afghan!



3 comments:

BellaKarma said...

Hi Cindy,
Found you via the Granny-Along...and I had to comment on your ripple blanket ...it looks gorgeous! You've inspired me to finally start one of my own! :)

By the way, I have that same pattern in one of my "vintage" magazines.

Take Care! :)

Michelle said...

Oh your granny ripple is looking great! I love the vintage magazines! I'm lucky I don't have those in my house, I think I would probably have at least 10 more afghans going on:) Such a pretty kitty:)

PattieJ said...

Your afghan colors are so pretty! And I am so so jealous of all your old afghan magazines!! I look for them on ebay all the time but I always lose out to other bidders. Nice blog! I found you through Michelle's blog!