Saturday, June 30, 2007

Toys in the attic...

Look what we found up in Mema's attic last time we were visiting! An old trunk from *at least* the early 1900's that belonged to DH's grandmother. Inside, ** much to my surprise**, there are some yarny goodies tucked away by Mema (DH's mother).

Now, Mema is the person who taught me to crochet when I was 15, but I don't remember seeing this ripple afghan in all that time...... and she gave it all to me, me, me! :) (Happy dance!) You can see how excited Asia is, too! There was also some fabric ("vintage", I'm sure) see below.

Woo hoo! This is like finding Pirate treasure! I'm not sure anyone else in my family would understand that, but I know my grandson, X, would!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is just way too neat...You're right most people wouldn't get it....It seriously is a treasure....Look at cutie Asia!!!